Tuesday, February 8, 2011

NY NY

April 1, 2010


My face made the Today Show! One of Lauren’s friends saw me on. David recorded it. Very lame crowd that day. We were front row. Visited the cathedral, of course.

We visited the 911 Memorial, which wasn’t there when I went four years ago. A perpetual scrolling of names commemorates those who were lost. Very sad. Kleenex boxes provided.

We attended the NASDAQ opening bell ceremony. It was Kelly Services, no celebrity. But very cool. You have to clap real loud. A lady who went to LSU and was a KD was next to us. In Macy’s, I had on my LSU shirt and some people stopped us. One was the aunt of someone in Caroline’s class. And my old boyfriend’s daughter, Sarah, was on our plane on the way back. Still can’t get over that. Haven’t seen her since her wedding four years ago; lives in B.R.

We saw Wicked (No. 3 for me), Rock of Ages and The Lion King. The average applause is 15 claps, I learned. Rock of Ages worked in a Tiger Woods joke.

We ate at Sardi’s and the Russian Tea Room and Serendipity and Bubba Gump’s. Be sure and see the nesting dolls at TRT.

A cop chase made Caroline’s day. She wanted green grass, no pollution, no honking horns and smiles. Where do people work, she asked since there are so many shopping n the stores? She said all the cab drivers are named Mohammed.

We did the bus tour. We learned on the bus to ask what theaters do a lottery and that the seaport has a TKTS site much less crowded than the one in Times Square. Off-Broadway means less than 500 seats. Ask for a 10 percent out-of-state discount at Macy’s.

Planned to be there for St. Patrick’s Day Parade, the oldest and largest in the world. We only saw a little of it.

The 249th St. Patrick's Day extravaganza is to be the last of the Big Apple's world-famous parades to take place before new restrictions go into effect April 1 requiring all parades to be shorter to save money.

Chinatown is very lame any more. No designer knockoffs. Just stupid stuff. No back room trips or van trips.

I don’t think Caroline liked it as much as I thought. She didn’t want to do the ferry or Statue of Liberty.

The Naked Cowboy was out.

I lost my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment