Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Ultimate Compliment

Oct. 15, 2007

I covered the Feist-Weiller Cancer Center Lifesavers Ball Saturday night, wearing my cool two-piece red formal, yes, showing midriff at my age (because I can, she said conceitedly). I first wore it in 1999 and bring it out every now and then. I am talking to this lady who says, "My 23-year-old son wants to meet you. He loves your dress" ...and she adds that he thinks I am cute or something like that. I say, "Where is he?" Since my husband is a homebody stick in the mud, I am, of course, stag again. She said he left early. Probably a good thing, our age difference would be worse than Demi and Ashton and I am married and all. But it was the ultimate compliment. I think the record before that was a 36-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment